This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted - Hardtop rear side window seals

I am after the Furflex side window seals, has anyone got anything. maybe you are going to scrap off that old top that the rust has terminally consumed.

Maybe you have found a suitable moulding and replaced your own, where from? I have checked with 'Woolies' and they don't have anything suitable. A couple of the usually suppliers are offering rubber replacements but I simply cannot justify the 230 they cost.
    - Alan

Alan,

When I restored my hard top 15 years ago I found suitable fur flex seals by wandering through a scrapyard and looking at various door seals. I’m sure mine came from a scrap XJS. Those won’t be easy to find in a scrapyard now, but gives you some idea.
    Dave
    1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

I think the days of wandering around Scrappies, climbing up on teetering piles of cars are long gone. These days the cars come in and are 'processed' with anything of value taken off, marked up, then racked in a shop the shell being quickly crushed.
      It was surprising what people left in their cars I always came out with more tools than I went in. Must stop, I'm getting quite overcome with nostalgia! - Alan

Comment

I was thinking of buying a length of fur flex seal and making my own when i do my hardtop this year
        Weber, minilite copies, SPAX, EWP, MBHT

Comment

Originally posted by alan_thomas View Post
          I think the days of wandering around Scrappies, climbing up on teetering piles of cars are long gone. These days the cars come in and are 'processed' with anything of value taken off, marked up, then racked in a shop the shell being quickly crushed.
          It was surprising what people left in their cars I always came out with more tools than I went in. Must stop, I'm getting quite overcome with nostalgia! - Alan
          Go to A1 salvage in Wokingham Alan. You can wonder around that one, take off what you want.
          1975 Mk2 3.0 V8 MOD, new strommies, tubulars & quad exhaust = 166.8 bhp

Comment

I saw some Stag Hardtop side window seals yesterday for 230.00 per set. Contact Robsport for more details...
            Regards, Steve
            1977 Tahiti Blue

Comment

Originally posted by sjclark View Post
              I saw some Stag Hardtop side window seals yesterday for 230.00 per set. Contact Robsport for more details...
              Thanks I did see these advertised but cannot justify the cost, they not even like the original, just plain rubber not furry
              luckily a forum member has sorted me out with some secondhand ones. I will close the thread when I can work out how to do it!

Comment

Working...
              X