Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Injection from ground zero knowledge.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trunt View Post
    Anyone got some info on the cut down dizzy? I'm assuming its just a matter of getting a dizzy and modifying it, I'm in the UK soon so should start looking for one I guess.. as I would prefer to keep the original in one piece if possible.

Terry

Another thought.. Would a TR7 dizzy work? More likely to find one of those over here..
    Not sure if tr7 is the same bore but it's just a case of turn down an old dizzy body which doesn't need any innards just above the bearing then cut the the inner shaft allowing enough to shoulder it and thread it for a retaining nut
    Carbs suck.

Comment

Ok
      thanks..

My friend has an NOS tr7. Dizzy, too expensive for me but I will take mine along and compare them..

terry
      Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

He found another one that had problems with the electronics so I got that one, It looks like the TR7 dizzy will work, For the US version there is a slight difference in the length but I'm pretty sure that the intermediate plate that the TR7 uses will overcome that, this one does not have that but saw one on ebay last week -- damn thing has gone! looks easy to fabricate if I'm desperate.

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Terry
          yes it will fit. I have one on my bench that I am pulling apart not sure which one I am going to use yet. I have cut a stag one down might use parts from both for no e

Cheers Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Seaking View Post
            Terry
            yes it will fit. I have one on my bench that I am pulling apart not sure which one I am going to use yet. I have cut a stag one down might use parts from both for no e

Cheers Glenn
            Any pics of the work and final installation, I am going to need to do the same thing. I picked up an old TR7 unit at Stoneleigh in preparation.
            Chris
            Magenta Stag TV8 MOD

Comment

The TR7 one turns down nicely. One I made very much earlier (8 years ago). Still retains bearings top and bottom. shaft cut down and threaded.
              I found a plastic cap from a travel size shaving soap fits neatly over the top to smarten it up. This was made for a stalled project that hopefully will resume later this year. - Alan
              IMG_2259.JPG
              Attached Files
              Last edited by alan_thomas; 3rd May 2019, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by alan_thomas View Post
                The TR7 one turns down nicely. One I made very much earlier (8 years ago). Still retains bearings top and bottom. shaft cut down and threaded.
                I found a plastic cap from a travel size shaving soap fits neatly over the top to smarten it up. This was made for a stalled project that hopefully will resume later this year. - Alan
                IMG_2259.JPG
                Shall we resume together?
                ​​​​​​Remember discussing this with you before Alexander was born, he'll be 10 next month!
                Mike.
                74 Stag (Best Modified 2007), 02 Maserati 4200, 17 BMW M140i, 00 Mitsubishi Pinin

Comment

Originally posted by mjheathcote View Post

​​​​​​Remember discussing this with you before Alexander was born, he'll be 10 next month!
                  Michael was it really that long ago, I expect my Megasquirt in its Walnut veneered box with ornate brasswork may look a little old fashioned now!! Alan

Comment

Originally posted by mjheathcote View Post

Thanks Mike
                    Chris
                    Magenta Stag TV8 MOD

Comment

After being stalled and just looking at this bodyshell for the past 3 months awaiting the holy grail (a rear seat pan) I have decided that there are thousands of things to do and Fuel injection is just complicating things so I plan to get it on the road and running on carbs and the following winter work on the Injection. The car had no engine when I got it so it will actually help to have it together so I can see where everything goes! Thats a big issue at the mo.. many holes but what are they for! I'll probably pull the engine at that time to help with the fabrication. I also want to re-commission the aircon using newer components so should be a busy winter..

I'm still collecting stuff..slowly. I did get some PICO type injectors, found this .pdf that was handy in selecting them. I went for the IWP_023 that seem about right for the engine, they are rated 200bhp @3 bar (158cc/min) Im guessing 150 or so so plenty of headroom there. it also has a nice narrow 15 degree spray pattern.

Also on looking at it my aftermarket fuel tank has zero bafffles etc inside like Neil was talking about so I will probably need that swirl tank.

here 's that pdf

FuelInjectorSpecs.pdf
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by trunt; 26th June 2019, 15:02.

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

From my time working on fuel injection Ive found the best injectors by far are ASNU. Their large Injectors will work extremely well at tick over, using larger injectors means amount of time they will be open to deliver fuel is reduced. If you use small injectors the time it closes to opens again is a lot shorter any thing over 85% duty cycle (injector open 85% of the time) will cause issues.

One of the best manufactures of ECUs is Link. These can run your engine and take all things into consideration, allow coil on plug and sequential injection.

Fuel pump wise i have two inverted each into a fuel cell/swirl pot. These are just the bosh type 044 being supplied by two red top lift pumps.

Emerald is good and Dave Walker is very helpful, personally i wouldnt touch Mega squirt. I have used Lumignition and DTA before but the Link ones are in another league. Make sure that which ever ECU you use can support wideband AFR. Im about to start using Dynojet ,but thats a piggy back ecu, on my bike along with their wibeband 2 ecu. Just to make the full use of fuel injection of the Kawasaki ZX12r.

Comment

Working...
                        X