New Acquisition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Acquisition

Just to introduce myself and post a pic or two. This is my recent acquisition though in a manner of speaking i've had my hands on it for over 40 years! This Stag was bought by my father around 1976 and has been in the family since then. It has been through some bodywork and one complete rebuild although sadly, a few blisters are once again appearing in the usual spots. I was 12 when Dad bought this, it was either going to be a Stag or a Scimitar.

My father passed away just before Christmas but Dad was a member of the SOC and I transferred his membership number to me and will continue his legacy but I have many fond memories of trips in the car (and the breakdowns!)

These pictures are from some slides that I scanned from 1985, just after i'd cleaned it. One video that I watched on YouTube recently said that one of the best things about a Stag is parking it...and then returning to it. This resonated with me because just after these pictures, we went on a Sunday outing and parked it with the top down, to come back to find some admirers looking at the car. I couldn't help but feel proud when unlocking the door and getting in.

The first time I ever drove it was probably about 25 years ago (or more) and within half a mile, a front suspension coil spring snapped, I was mortified, young driver having to limp home with Dad's pride and joy broken.

Anyway, I hope to meet some of you in the future, we're intending on going to the Donington Historic Festival and if I can get the heater working in time, to a local meet or few.

(I have a bit of polishing to do and will then send some newer pics and just for the audiophiles, this video of a start up after 6 months standing has a slightly amusing ending if you can stay to the end. )

Cheers
    David.

Comment

Hi David,

Sorry about your loss, but nice to see that you have so many fond memories of him and the Stag. Great sound from the Stag! I cheated a bit and fast forwarded the video on occasion, but the end did make me smile!

Cheers,
      Joakim
      1975 Triumph Stag - TV8 & MOD. Still in sickbay...

Managing Linkedin groups Triumph Car Owners and Enthusiasts & Triumph Nederland

Comment

Condolences, but a great thing to keep a family heirloom going like that in his memory.

And at least you know your CO alarm works!
        1973 Mk2 TV8 MOD Carmine Red (was Mimosa) Owner no. 15

Comment

Working...
        X