Forum Software upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Software upgrade

We are upgrading from Version 4 to version 5.
    This will take place in the next couple of days, and there will be a short interruption in service, maybe an hour or two

Carl

Originally posted by stagforum-admin View Post
    We are upgrading from Version 4 to version 5.
    This will take place in the next couple of days, and there will be a short interruption in service, maybe an hour or two
    Carl
    Is it just a routine "service" update Carl, or will there be some new or improved facilities in the new version?
    Terry (based Los Cristianos, Tenerife) ~~ (YouTube sitename - Tenerife Terry)

Comment

Hi Terry,

Here's some info on what's new in version 5.

Cheers,
      Joakim
      1975 Triumph Stag - TV8 & MOD. Still in sickbay...

Managing Linkedin groups Triumph Car Owners and Enthusiasts & Triumph Nederland

Comment

Originally posted by jagorstag View Post
        Hi Terry,
        Here's some info on what's new in version 5.
        Cheers,
        Joakim
        Thanks for info, will have a read, but just off out for a game of "Mexican Train" with friends & neighbours.

Comment

Hi

It's scheduled for 1.00 AM Tomorrow morning GMT

It's mainly the mobile apps that is the new features, I don't think they're "out of the box" so I'll have some setting up to do

Carl

Comment

Good luck Carl with the upgrade, hopefully it won't cause too much trouble for you!

Cheers,
            Joakim
            1975 Triumph Stag - TV8 & MOD. Still in sickbay...

Managing Linkedin groups Triumph Car Owners and Enthusiasts & Triumph Nederland

Comment

The server people said Wednesday but that may have meant yesterday , they are 10 hours behind, not happened yet, but it will be in the middle of our night so most of us won't notice

Carl

Comment

I'll be out of signal for most of the next few days. So all should be sorted by the time I get back.
                Brian
                Brian

Comment

HiJust a bit of news on the update,the server support staff are reticent to upgrade us to version five from version four as many users who have customised their forum have had lots of problems. However we have very few if any customisations on our forum so we are going ahead with the upgrade.
                  It's a major upgrade where are all old files have to be deleted before the new ones are installed so there maybe a few issues while it's settling down.
                  Let's hope it's worth it
                  Carl

Comment

OK so I guess this strange looking thing is V5

It is different!!

so a couple of shoot from the hip questions..

where is the "unread posts" button? I use that all the time.

Also the search, I tried it and got verry little, is everything up and running yet?

Maybe a post thread that explains some of the changes is needed here??

Terry
                    Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

Wow! This was a BIG change! Holey crikey! Will some 'tuning' be done? At the moment a one line post takes up 50% of the screen!
                      If you can't say something nice, don't say it !

Comment

Thanks Carl.
                        One useful feature that seems to be missing is the button that lists all the new posts since the last visit. Or am I missing something?
                        Dave
                        1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

I too miss the “unread posts” button. The “latest activity” button shows where I’ve been looking, not the latest posts.
                          Going to the forum posts shows that there are unread posts in bold but have to scroll down 52 pages in case of “what have you done to your Stag today” You can apply a filter to that thread so only to see today’s post. All too time consuming compared with the previous version or am I missing something?
                          Also the clock is an hour fast.

Comment

Should this site be secure?

Comment

The new software looks totally different so is going to take some getting used to.
                              Only just used it for the 1st time and noticed we now have a "like" button on posts.
                              Like others have said when I first log in would like to see all recent activity shown.
                              Found the message settings but not tried PMing anyone yet to find out how that works now.
                              Not seen any "smilies" either to include in posts to help identify which things are said seriously, and which in jest?

Comment

Working...
                              X