Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR1 valvoline

Where are we buying it from now guys at reasonable price ? Cheers Graham

I used www.opieoils.co.uk with code xbox10 I achieved 20liters for £102.55 inc vat and delivery that was 30th March 2018.
    It was mentioned on the post which engine oil do you use #46

Cheers Glenn

Comment

Xbox10 has expired :-(

Does anyone know a valid code?
      Mabel is a white 1972 Mk1Ĺ, TV8, ZF 4HP-22 auto,
      2016 RBRR finisher. 400 mile C2C 21/22 April 2018!

Comment

Www.dontpayfull.com then type in opieoils

Chees Glenn

Comment

This is the cheapest I can find it.

Valvoline VR1 Racing 20W-50 Highly Refined Engine Oil 10L (5L X 2). VR1TM Racing Motor Oil SAE 20W -50. Washing Water. Free Screenwash Tablet S ufficient for 5 Litres of. Premium quality conventional motor oil. | eBay!

Comment

Thx guys , regards Graham

Comment

Does Valvoline VR1 have the required levels of ZDDP? I've heard this is a good oil that delivers a higher oil pressure.

Comment

Paracetamol please.

Micky

Comment

Ha ha.....nice one Micky!!
                  Sometimes you just need the 2 wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by Markvh View Post
                    Does Valvoline VR1 have the required levels of ZDDP? I've heard this is a good oil that delivers a higher oil pressure.
                    Expect some groans on this - there are loads of threads on this subject, including a couple of recent ones and it seems usual protocol for the repeat cycle to be 6 months or more. The recent ones seemed to elicit some good, industry-guided, information so worth a search. ZDDP isn't so much a pressure improver, it's function is in limiting wear camshaft lobes to cam buckets.

Jonno

Comment

Originally posted by Markvh View Post
                      Not sure anymore. The European datasheet does not quote ZDDP levels or even mention ZDDP at all and direct questioning of Valvoline Europe did not elicit a definitive answer. As I have said on here before the formulation VR1 now sold in Europe has changed as evidenced by the Product Information Sheets published by Valvoline and is different from that sold a few years back and also different from that currently on sale in the USA. The USA version does have ZDDP at the levels thought to be required for flat tappet engines.

As Jonno says do a search for recent threads, I think it was something like "what oil do you use" - there was one which discussed ZDDP at length and also gave alternatives to VR1 - some quite a lot cheaper! (duck and run for cover)

Roger
                      So many cars, so little time!

Comment

FWIW I read somewhere that Duckhams Q 20w:50 is making a comeback........
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by TR5convalescent View Post
                          FWIW I read somewhere that Duckhams Q 20w:50 is making a comeback........

And they are making it green again

https://www.duckhams.com/wp-content/...PDS-20W-50.pdf

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by redstag View Post

And they are making it green again

https://www.duckhams.com/wp-content/...PDS-20W-50.pdf

Pete
                            But not unfortunately with enough Zinc in it to preserve our sort of engines, review the other threads under "What oil do you use" I'm still traumatised by it

Micky

Comment

The data sheet states ZDDP (Zinc) level optimised to protect classic engines. Sounds good to me. After all, oil companies donít tell porkies............
                              Dave
                              1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

Working...
                              X