No announcement yet.

dash lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As l changed to blue led's l dug the green tint caps out of the gauges using a pair of fine long nose pliers.
    Phil

Comment

Originally posted by fussydave View Post
      One of the other issues with the standard bulbs is that the heat generated by them can cause the instruments to steam up when it is cold. This is eliminated when LEDS are fitted as they run cold.
      Dave.
      That hasn't been my experience on the gauges incorporating heaters with bi-metallic strips to drive their movements (Batt Volts, Temp, Fuel).

Jonno

Comment

Mole42. If the standard lights are just about bright enough with the dimmer on full, why would you want to fit LEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by martinstag View Post
          Mole42. If the standard lights are just about bright enough with the dimmer on full, why would you want to fit LEDs?
          LEDs consume less power and donít degrade at the same speed as filament lamps.
          Mabel is a white 1972 Mk1Ĺ, TV8, ZF 4HP-22 auto,
          2016 RBRR finisher. 400 mile C2C 21/22 April 2018!

Comment

Hi All

I have been following this thread with interest and have placed at order with Classiccarleds for

dash lights
            interior lights
            rear/brake lights
            brake/reversing lights

for both our Stag and GT6

I am looking forward to seeing the results

regards

Bruce
            1973 GT6 Mk3 Pimento Red
            1974 Stag TV8,MOD,3.45 diff,French Blue,Tomcat seats, Belt EWP, Header Tank

Comment

I replaced the front sidelights as well as the rear. I can leave the lights on when Iím out visiting in the darker evenings and know that Iíll still be able to start the car when I go home!
              Mabel is a white 1972 Mk1Ĺ, TV8, ZF 4HP-22 auto,
              2016 RBRR finisher. 400 mile C2C 21/22 April 2018!

Comment

Working...
              X