Throttle body fuel injection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjheathcote View Post
    My project has been going on for too many years and I keep on getting distracted by other cars!
    Mike, you may have told me in the past but how do you set up idle air with this layout?
    Cheers Steve
    Carbs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Stagdad View Post

Mike, you may have told me in the past but how do you set up idle air with this layout?
      Cheers Steve
      Hi Steve, there is a vacuum port on each throttle body, so you link them up to a common manifold for the idle valve.
      The likes of Jenvey etc are the same.
      I've put a dedicated vacuum port on no.7 inlet tract for the brake servo.
      The other way, being bike throttle bodies, is using the original throttle cams, as when on the bike they used a manual choke lever, to crack open the throttle butterflies slightly, even though fuel injected of course.
      Mike.
      74 Stag (Best Modified 2007), 02 Maserati 4200, 17 BMW M140i, 00 Mitsubishi Pinin

Comment

Ah make sense. I was thinking was it a good idea to tap into only 1 inlet for the brake but I guess your never under load whilst braking unless your doing some very strange driving
        Carbs suck.

Comment

Iím doing an EFi conversion on a non-Stag at the moment using a set of 4 individual Bing throttle bodies. These have a bleed valve on each throttle body which allows you to adjust the tickover air on the bleed valves, with the butterflies fully closed. A carb balancer has allowed me to equalise the air flow at tickover for a nice smooth tickover.

The adjustment is the big brass slotted screw in the picture. There is a small by-pass hole each side of butterfly, the screw opens and closes this vent.

Attached Files
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Carboy0 View Post
            Iím doing an EFi conversion on a non-Stag at the moment using a set of 4 individual Bing throttle bodies. These have a bleed valve on each throttle body which allows you to adjust the tickover air on the bleed valves, with the butterflies fully closed. A carb balancer has allowed me to equalise the air flow at tickover for a nice smooth tickover.

The adjustment is the big brass slotted screw in the picture. There is a small by-pass hole each side of butterfly, the screw opens and closes this vent.

That is for hot idle, how do you let in more air for cold start idle?
            Mike.
            74 Stag (Best Modified 2007), 02 Maserati 4200, 17 BMW M140i, 00 Mitsubishi Pinin

Comment

No, Iím controlling it on the fuelling & ignition maps referring to the water temperature. Effectively overfuelling like a choke and pulling it back on the advance/retard.

works well so far.
              Last edited by Carboy0; 12th January 2019, 18:36.
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Carboy0 View Post
                No, Iím controlling it on the fuelling & ignition maps referring to the water temperature. Effectively overfuelling like a choke and pulling it back on the advance/retard.

works well so far.
                That could be an easier solution for me, saving on the plumbing and hardware!
                Mike.

Comment

Yes, as the engine comes up to temperature, the extra loading in the fuelling is reduced to zero.

Check your ECU manual, there will be a section on an auxiallary water temperature map.

This is in my Canems manual

Attached Files
                  Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X