TBar Lower Bolt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBar Lower Bolt

Does anybody know if (or where) the TBar lower philips head bolt (or very similar) can be got hold of? The one that sits inside and just above the mirror. Mine has become well chewed over the years. .
    Thanks

And what size it is please!

Im guessing 5/8 unf

terry
    Terry Hunt, Wilmington Delaware

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

5/16 UNF I think.....

Comment

I think you might find this bolt on the James Paddock website, here's the link; http://www.jamespaddock.co.uk/search?q=t%20bar
        I love deadlines - I like the whooshing sound they make as they pass by!

Comment

Thanks very much for that. Mine is black steel and a posidrive or Phillips x head, so I was looking for a like for like. It it works, I have uploaded an image. If a bolt replaces it, I will look to 316 stainless. Pity really as in good health that is (or was) a good looking finisher.

Comment

Actually, searching on the SKU number, that is the bolt for the B Post, either side.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling Road View Post
              5/16 UNF I think.....
              Of course!
              Thatís what I was trying to say, 5/8Ē is huge

After the problems I had getting it off Iím looking for a hex key head this time, should make it easier, something like this.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-16-UNF-...0AAOSwGzlTuDFi

but not sure on length.

Thete are are plenty of pozidrive on eBay as well

Terry
              Last edited by trunt; 10th February 2019, 12:08.

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

This might help. Iíve removed the one on my car and measured it for you. The thread is 5/16UNF. The shank is 7/8 inch long and the threaded length is 9/16 inch.

I suppose Iíd better paint mine now itís out!

3823DD95-848B-435C-9383-78F56E1788E2.jpeg
                Last edited by DJT; 10th February 2019, 15:03.
                Dave
                1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by DJT View Post
                  This might help. Iíve removed the one on my car and measured it for you. The thread is 5/16UNF. The shank is 7/8 inch long and the threaded length is 9/16 inch.

I suppose Iíd better paint mine now itís our
                  OK

Thanks. That helps a lot..

So itís not countersunk then.. good to know. Mine got destroyed including the threaded part on the windscreen surround when I had to cut it out so I am starting from scratch. I plan to weld in a cage nut to the surround to give a little wiggle room and get a machine screw with hex or torx socket to secure it ó to make sure I can get it off easier in 40 years time!

Terry

www.terryhunt.co.uk

Comment

DJT - That is very kind of you indeed. I had my TBar off over Xmas to sort out a few things, including the light, and went Stainless for the Posts. However, I did not want to take mine out again until I had a replacement as it was a mission to put it all back together in alignment . Im out in NZ and it is the height of Summer as well, so Stag needs to be on the road!

As a fitting, she was a pretty little thing in her day, but seems sadly a little forgotten about now. Info really appreciated. John

Comment

Working...
                    X