Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form V112 Declaration of exemtion frm MOT.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form V112 Declaration of exemtion frm MOT.

Hi, I have completed this form and handed it in over the counter at the Post Office with the form to retax the Stag free road tax. I didn't realise until I got back home that they have also given me back the V112 form. Is this correct or should the Post Office have retained it?
    Thanks
    Mark

My local postie just looked at me blankly when I handed the V112 to him and then he also handed it back! I think they mark it on the computer and then don't need the form....hopefully?

Jeff

Comment

I taxed my Stag last week on-line. I was disappointed not to see a box to tick to gain the MOT exemption on the renewal page. I 'phoned DVLA to ask about claiming it, and was told that it is dealt with by DVSA, so I have downloaded the V112 form to send off to them. There's nothing on the form to say where to send it, other than at the Post Office counter; has anyone else declared the exemption this way?

Dave

Comment

My experience was quite the opposite. When I applied to tax my new Stag it noted it was historic and I ticked a box to confirm no major modifications and got a historic tax and exemption from the mot
        Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

Comment

Hi Dave,

My experience was pretty much the same as yours. Nowhere to declare MOT exempt and when I phoned them the mess was blamed on the DVSA. They also said don’t worry about the MOT because it was automatically exempt being tax exempt.

I only wanted to delay the MOT until summer because mine is in February. However, I got lucky this year because we had that heatwave and I took the Stag down and got it done then.

I’m trying to decide which is more likely for next time; DVLA/DVSA sort out their website, or I take a chance on another heatwave in February.

Andy S

Comment

Originally posted by Goldstar View Post
            My experience was quite the opposite. When I applied to tax my new Stag it noted it was historic and I ticked a box to confirm no major modifications and got a historic tax and exemption from the mot
            Perhaps being a new vehicle (first in your name, rather than a straight renewal) a different page came up on the website?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Andy S View Post
              Hi Dave,

My experience was pretty much the same as yours. Nowhere to declare MOT exempt and when I phoned them the mess was blamed on the DVSA. They also said don’t worry about the MOT because it was automatically exempt being tax exempt.

I only wanted to delay the MOT until summer because mine is in February. However, I got lucky this year because we had that heatwave and I took the Stag down and got it done then.

I’m trying to decide which is more likely for next time; DVLA/DVSA sort out their website, or I take a chance on another heatwave in February.

Andy S
              Like you, Andy, I want the convenience of having it tested when I choose! I'll post the paper form to DVSA & see what happens.

Dave

Comment

I got my V11 reminder in the post and filled the online form for 12 months tax @0.00. There was an MOT exemption statement as well providing it hadn't been "substantially modified" so I ticked that as well
                1976 Triumph V8 Manual/OD in BRG

Comment

Just taxed my Stag, the MOT is not due until mid April so no issue. not sure what happens when the current MOT expires - will the car be auto exempt or show NO MOT on the DVLA website? will be interesting to see.

Danny
                  Danny 1972 STAG Mk1 TV8 Auto, 1967 SPITFIRE http://www.grampianstags.net
                  sigpic

Comment

When i spoke to DVLA with regards to this issue a while back i was told by a lady that if the car was registered as and historic vehicle and tax free it was automatically MOT exempt no action required. Are you certain i said yes was the reply.
                    If they cant sort something as simple as this with any degree of clarification is it any wonder they cannot get anywhere with BREXIT.
                    Chris TV8 O/D Carmine

Comment

I'm not sure any of the above answers my question. Perhaps I need to check the Gov. website after the anniversary date and see what it shows. Thanks.

Comment

please read and inwardly digest page 27 of the March owners club mag.

Comment

I suppose my biggest concern is being pulled over by plod, as the car registration doesn't show a valid MOT on his in-car ANPR wizardry. Completing an exemption declaration through the taxation would (hopefully) avoid this.

Dave

Comment

That'll teach me to rip open the Stag Mag as soon as it drops through the letter box and thoroughly devour and digest every single page. Just joking, I suppose it goes without saying that the signatory of the piece is categorically correct. So if plod runs a ANPR check, the car will show as being over 40 years old and doesn't require an MOT check. He can pull you over because it shows MOT not required but he'll want to check that it hasn't been substantially changed and therefore should have a current MOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Markvh View Post
                              I'm not sure any of the above answers my question. Perhaps I need to check the Gov. website after the anniversary date and see what it shows. Thanks.
                              DVLA website just shows "No results returned" for MOT status on historic vehicles, even after showing the V112 at the post office to tax it.

Comment

Working...
                              X