Stag seats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stag seats

Hi all can anybody know what different make seats will fit a stag thank you for looking
    regards
    Ernie Turnet

If you do a search Ernie you’ll find plenty of options
    XJS, rover tomcat and fiat coupe to name but 3
    Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

Comment

Thank you ,Do you have different seats in your car

Comment

I guess it would depend on what colour your interior is to start with. I've seen some nice seats in Stags,some even having piping to match the body colour but as my interior is a tan colour and the seats I saw were black it would involve changing every piece of trim which is a big and expensive job.

Richard

Comment

Mine are out of a Hyundai Coupe, nice seats but a chore to get rears to 'match and fit'.

John.
          Your wife is right, size matters. 3.9RV8

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie turner View Post
            Thank you ,Do you have different seats in your car
            I have 3 Stags (hmmm I know) a mk1 with original seats another mk1 with XJS seats (off the road at the mo) comfy but you need to fabricate brackets and a Mk2 with original seats.

What is making you think about changing them?
            Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie6 View Post
              I guess it would depend on what colour your interior is to start with. I've seen some nice seats in Stags,some even having piping to match the body colour but as my interior is a tan colour and the seats I saw were black it would involve changing every piece of trim which is a big and expensive job.

Richard
              You could use Vinylkote or leather dye to change the seat colour - works well

Comment

Hi what was I like to fit the XJS seats was hard to do
                thanks for time
                regards
                Ernie

Comment

Mine came with the brackets so for me it was easy. The brackets are not high tech so should be easy enough

if you go that way I’ll take some pics

Comment

Originally posted by Goldstar View Post

You could use Vinylkote or leather dye to change the seat colour - works well
                    These are some seats I like,which belong to Phil S and we had a discussion about it last year. I just think it would be a massive undertaking to change the whole interior from beige to black,even though I think it would look much nicer as my car is Delft blue which would be a god match for these Ford Ka sport seats

Richard

Comment

The Wife had a Street Ka and I remember the seats not being that comfortable. The base is quite short and doesn’t provide much support under your thighs.

Alfa GTV and MGF seats appeal as they both look good. Not sure how comfortable they are though.

Andy S

Comment

MGF seats don’t tilt though do they? Access and egress to the back would be tricky

Comment

Good point.

Saab 900 seats would appeal as they are really comfortable, but I suspect they’re too big.

Anyone tried 944/911 seats?

Andy S

Comment

Originally posted by Andy S View Post
                            Good point.

Saab 900 seats would appeal as they are really comfortable, but I suspect they’re too big.

Anyone tried 944/911 seats?

Andy S
                            Andy

Saab 9-3 seats fit with a little mod

Dave
                            73 mk 1/2 now gone to the dark side BLUE

Comment

I fitted some mx5 seats to mine. Relitivly easy fit, cheap to buy, and comfortable. Do a search as I posted a couple of pictures. Recoloured black for around 50 quid and all leather and heated!
                              Dave.
                              I like white, just not sure which one!

Comment

Working...
                              X