Tubular Manifolds - Oil Pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tubular Manifolds - Oil Pump

My engine is in bits again.....long story.

Anyway, I’m considering taking the opportunity to fit tubular manifolds. So I have a few questions?

Is access to the oil pump worse with tubulars? Does the whole manifold need to be released or just the transition pieces?

To wrap or not to wrap? I wrapped a set on my Morris Minor (1330cc) without any issue.

I’m not planning any other performance upgrades in the near future but I may go for fuel injection eventually so I see the tubulars as future proof.

All sensible thoughts appreciated

Thanks
    Matt

had mine ceramic coated, this caused a fitting problem as another dent could not be hammered in to clear the steering shaft.
    ended up with a new thin shaft and the engine lifted by about 6mm
    good for keeping the underbonnet heat down but expansive as 1 coat inside and 2 on the outside was more than the manifold.
    looking at the space available you will be very tight if you wrap them

Comment

Not needed. Original viscous coupling fan keeps the air moving around under the bonnet. Ive had Phoenix tubular manifolds fitted for 4 years with no heat problems.
      Dave
      1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil S View Post
        had mine ceramic coated, this caused a fitting problem as another dent could not be hammered in to clear the steering shaft.
        ended up with a new thin shaft and the engine lifted by about 6mm
        I was always taught to "measure twice, cut once"

Ceramic coating does look nicer than wrap though

Still have cast manifolds on mine and a stainless exhaust. sounds
        Stags and Range Rover Classics - I must be a loony

Comment

I've got headers, ceramic coated and did not have to dent it to clear the column - tho the gap is all of 2 mm (and it is the fatter part).
          The engine bay cools down far faster than with the stock manifolds.

Comment

Working...
          X