Fuel Filter Check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filter Check

I recently posted after having discovered some brass swarf in my carb float chamber. Whilst sorting out that problem I noticed that there was rather more general "small particle presence" in the float chamber than I would have thought would be there.

In any case, I'd decided to replace the engine bay fuel filter, so removed the old one. When I took it out of the bracket, I noticed it rattled. Hmmmm...on closer inspection I solved hte riddle of he rattle, and also of the rather disappointing quantity of fine particles in he float chamber.

Might be worth checking!

The filter is from a reputable EU company. It was supplied by .......... oh c'mon, you didn't really think I was going to, did you?

DSC02745 (Custom).JPGDSC02747.JPG
    Attached Files
    If you can't say something nice, don't say it !

Was it made by Grose.....? Sorry in advance.

Dave

Comment

I reckon the metal ones are the best option with the ethanol vs plastic issue?
      Sometimes you just need the 2 wheels!

Comment

we had this problem at work with a delivery of 250 fuel filters.
        there are petrol and diesel filters and they don't cross mix as the opposite fuel they are made for will dissolve the adhesive inside them.
        get a glass unit with an old fashioned bowl if you can.
        you then have a filter and water trap in one unit

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Serj View Post
          I reckon the metal ones are the best option with the ethanol vs plastic issue?
          Iím aware of an ethanol v rubber problem but not a plastic one. Is that a thing?
          Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

Comment

Seems it is. Definitely worth checking plastic fuel filters - my one of about 12 month vintage was showing signs as though it had seen excessive heat. IIRC there are other examples on previous posts. I have just sold my Beautiful Stag to make way for more bike projects and Stag engine renovations so won't need to worry about that for a while
            Sometimes you just need the 2 wheels!

Comment

didn't someone suggest a Peugeot 106?, fuel filter that fitted?
              "The UK,s Most Easterly Stag" Quad Exhaust- ZF 4 Speed BOX

Comment

Working...
              X