loss for words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loss for words

Last edited by JeffW; 14th July 2019, 13:49.

I can't quite make out what that is, other than it shouldn't be there.
    Header tanks - you can't beat a bit of bling.

Comment

Comment

Makes a change from grit blasting sand caught in the flame traps of reconditioned cam covers or the factory fitted casting sand in all parts of the engine, but about as useful!

Neil
        Neil
        TV8, efi, fast road cams and home built manifolds. 246bhp 220lbft torque

Comment

Originally posted by JeffW View Post
          Soda blasting material used to clean carbs during refurb.
          Nasty.

Comment

Who did you use to return them?
            Mike

Comment

Looks like glass beads to me. Its what I use in my blasting cabinet to clean delicate alloy castings. Looks like the carb has been cleaned up by blasting whilst fully assembled. The glass beads will find their way in everywhere and the carb needs to be fully stripped down and blasted through with compressed air to get rid of all of the blasting media. I know as I have done this to quite a few carbs (various types, not just Stombergs) and am always amazed at where the beads end up. Never had an issue with any of the carbs I have done.

Quite surprising that it was supplied to you like that. I seem to recall DJT had the same issue. Might be worth letting the supplier know so they can improve their service.

Roger
              White 1971, TV8 + BW35 - no mods, not even a Kenlowe!
              So many cars, so little time!

Comment

Comment

Last edited by JeffW; 14th July 2019, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                    . I seem to recall DJT had the same issue.
                    Mine had dust in the air valve (piston) area causing them to stick up and the engine to stall. A couple of cleans and they have been fine since, but do agree that this shouldn’t be happening.
                    Dave
                    1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

here we go again,pussyfooting around shameful quality supply problems

Comment

I am really unsure quite what "offence" was being caused on this thread? Could someone enlighten me?

Comment

Originally posted by wilf View Post
                          I am really unsure quite what "offence" was being caused on this thread? Could someone enlighten me?
                          I agree Wilf ,it was just a photograph of an alien substance,now that's been removed the thread makes no sense whatsoever to the newcomer

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post

I agree Wilf ,it was just a photograph of an alien substance,now that's been removed the thread makes no sense whatsoever to the newcomer
                            The way this forum is being led makes no sense to me, Shame as there are some cracking people on here.
                            Plus as i have stated before this problem will not go away.
                            Last edited by CJG; 14th July 2019, 21:37.
                            Chris TV8 O/D Carmine, Scirocco TDI 180 R Line

Comment

not me, maybe a slight misunderstanding of a thread that started in club business.

#this place is going to the dogs
                              Stags and Range Rover Classics - I must be a loony

Comment

Working...
                              X