Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rimmer Bros Engine Rebuild (1988) What was included?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rimmer Bros Engine Rebuild (1988) What was included?

In my box of receipts I have a receipt dated 22/4/88 for £1145.25, Included in that is:
    1 x Recon engine unit (own Unit Recon) £750
    This sounds like a catchall figure
    I just wondered if anybody has any idea what would have been included within this £750 back in the day
    The car runs beautifully but is getting close to the 30k service interval on timing chains, although they are very quiet at present
    Looking at the records the car seemed to cover 12k miles in around the 2 years after the restoration then maybe 5k miles over the next 25 years and I have managed 10k in the last 2 years
    Quite bizarrely, I have 2 machines at present that were subject to coverage in the Press with reference to restoration ..the Stag and a t140 Royal Bonneville?
    any help much appreciated..perhaps somebody has an old Rimmer Bros 1988 price list and it is listed within

Sounds like it could be
    an exchange unit?
    Paul - 3 projects, 1 breaker - garage built and housing 2 white Stags. One runs, one doesn't

Comment

Why not ask Rimmers?
      If you can't say something nice, don't say it !

Comment

I thought of that...no reply so far, just thought somebody might have had a 1988 Stag Repair /spares book.
        No problem if not.
        Cheers
        brian

Comment

Originally posted by Goldstar View Post
          Sounds like it could be
          an exchange unit?
          I think that
          1 x Recon engine unit (own Unit Recon) £750
          would imply that it was a recon of the customer's own engine.

Comment

I remember back in the 70's and 80's British Leyland used to do "Gold Seal" engines. This wouldn't be one of those would it? Mind you I seem to recall that some,if not all were actually painted gold.

Richard

Comment

Yes, Gold Seal engines were painted gold. Silver Seal engines were painted silver. There was a difference in specification but I donít remember the details.
              I donít know if Triumph engines were thus supplied, I thought it was only Austin/Morris who did that.
              Mabel is a white 1972 Mk1Ĺ, TV8, ZF 4HP-22 auto,
              2016 RBRR finisher. 400 mile C2C 21/22 April 2018!

Comment

I have a Rimmers Catalogue from 1992. Does your receipt have part numbers? A full engine was part RS1001 a Short engine RS1002 both with subscript R if reconditioned.
                Unfortunately no prices in the catalogue.

Comment

Originally posted by mole42 View Post
                  Yes, Gold Seal engines were painted gold. Silver Seal engines were painted silver. There was a difference in specification but I donít remember the details.
                  I donít know if Triumph engines were thus supplied, I thought it was only Austin/Morris who did that.
                  They certainly did them for MGs and MGBs but then again they used BMC engines.

Richard

Comment

Here's a couple.

Pete

IMG_20190314_182258.jpgIMG_20190314_182317.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie6 View Post

Richard
                      The 1500cc Midget used a Triumph engine
                      So many cars, so little time!

Comment

IMG_20190314_182258 (2).jpg

Comment

IMG_20190314_182318.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie6 View Post

Richard
                            This MGB was my daily driver from 1975 to 1978. It had a Gold Seal engine.....

MGs 1975001.jpg
                            Dave
                            1974 Mk2, ZF Auto, 3.45 Diff, Datsun Driveshafts. Stag owner/maintainer since 1989.

Comment

thanks very much that's the kind of help that I needed
                              Regards
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X